- You’ll have to be in Vanuatu for three days before your wedding unless you arrive on a cruise ship. Because cruise ships have strong juju and we don’t want the cruise gods to steal our souls. I made that last sentence up.
- You can fax or scan your paperwork before you arrive at Vanuatu. But you’ll have to do that at least a month before. Some resorts require eight weeks. Yikes!
- Lots of paperwork. No goofing around.
- You might have to pay extra for a Sunday wedding ceremony.
- Marriages in Vanuatu are recognized in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, the United Kingdom and most other countries.
A month prior to the ceremony, the following must be faxed or scanned/emailed for filing:
- Copies of both passports
- Copies of both birth certificates
- If divorced, the relevant papers
- If widowed, a Death Certificate is required
- A completed Certificate of Intended Marriage
- Completed Witness Forms – 2 witnesses are required but the wedding coordinator can organise witnesses if couples don’t have guests with them.
Please contact us if you would like copies of the Certificate of Intended Marriage and/or Witness Forms emailed to you.