If you are planning a destination wedding to Honduras, I always recommend you get legally married near your home first. Trust me, it will be much easier to get copies of your marriage license.
If you really, really, really want a marriage license from Honduras, here are the main requirements:
- Copies of Birth Certificates of both people
- Copies of current Passports
- Statement of Marital Status signed by a Notary
- Copy of Court Settlement, if divorced
- Authorization of parents, if under (21) years of age
- Copy of HIV Test, completed within (6) months prior to marriage date
- Names of (2) Witnesses, Foreign or Honduran
- If Foreign, Copy of Passports and Profession of each witness is needed
- If Honduran, Copy of ID Card and Profession of each witness is needed
- Marriage License Fee costs 150 Lempiras if marriage is performed at local Municipal Office, additional costs apply for marrying at additional locations.
For more information visit www.caribbeantravelweb.com.