Getting Married around the World
Morgana and I plan to get married in 100 countries around the world. The reason for this is simple. Love and travel are two of our favorite things. By combining the two we unite the best of our worlds. Yes, at least, 100 weddings!
The Next Ten Countries We Will Get Married
In September we will be traveling for a month in the Adriatic and including: Italy, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia. However, we will likely also get married in San Marino, Vatican City, and the Republic of Srpska.
What Defines a Country for Marriage?
Srpska? Is this a real place?
Yes, the Republic of Srpska is a real place, and we will likely be married in Trebinje, about 45 minutes from Dubrovnik, Croatia. To add upon this we want to honor that some countries have sections that are unique and quite different from the rest of their country. As an example, The Republic of Srpska is part of Bosnia-Herzegovina, and it has its own government and ethnic identity. Its borders are marbled throughout the entire country of Bosnia-Herzegovina. We will marry in Mostar (a Bosnian city) and also get married in a Srpka-governed portion of Sarajevo. Even though this is technically one country, we will count them as two. Not that it really matters!
100 Weddings, So Far
Yes, we are aware that we are just getting started. Check back often to see where we will be married next!
1. Los Angeles, CA USA — May 23, 2014
2. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico — June 5, 2014
3. Dubrovnik, Croatia — September 14, 2014 (Croatia marriage rules)
4. Kotor, Montenegro — September 15, 2014
5. Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina — September 18, 2014 (Bosnia marriage rules)
6. The mountains above Sarajevo, Republic of Srpska — September 22, 2014 (Srpska marriage rules)
7. Belgrade, Serbia — September 26, 2014
8. Belgrade, Serbia — September 26, 2014
9. Bled, Slovenia — September 29, 2014
10. San Marino, San Marino — October 4, 2014
11. Rome, Italy — October 5, 2014
12. Vatican City — October 5, 2014
13. Gesi, Turkey — February 12, 2015
14 Norwalk, CA — May 27, 2015
15. Villa Del Palmar, Loreto, Mexico — June 17, 2015
16. Wizards Academy, Austin, TX — October 6, 2015
17. Sri Rahti, Penestanan, Bali, Indonesia — May 8, 2016
18. Toronto, Canada — August 10, 2016
19. San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico — June 15, 2017
20. Colima, Mexico — November 18, 2017
21 Sedona, Arizona — November 10, 2018
22. Paris, France — September 26, 2019
23. Brussels, Belgium — September 29, 2019
24. Madrid, Spain — October 11, 2019
25. Lisbon, Portugal — October 17, 2019
Check out our first 11 weddings (and 1 Knighthood)
And now our blog
Learn from our successes and failures as you plan your dream wedding!
We caught an early morning bus for a 6 hour ride to Lisbon from Portugal. (The train is an epic 13 hours between these two cities. In the end bus was the best way to go.) I finished Phillip Pullman's new novel in his Golden Compass/Dark Materials/Dust cosmology. I...
Wow it feels like forever and we still have one third of the trip to go! Today was our last day and night in Seville after taking the train from Madrid. We hated to say goodbye to Madrid. And I will hate to say goodbye to Seville. That's been my experience in every...
No make-up check in the day after wedding #24...
Yup, we have a wedding video with our new friend Elisabeth Mudera's totally inspiring words on LOVE: https://youtu.be/2kkwpbISvCk What you don't see on the video is what happened behind the scenes... When a bunch of noisy kids showed up as we were setting up to...
Praise be to traveling first class! Our train from Seville was like flying first class--the big seats, the complimentary choice of newspapers, the warm towel, the gourmet breakfast... but even better because we got to watch the Spanish countryside out our window! Now...
Love after death… Read about Devin's return to Cadiz, Spain, and the ghostly coincidences that followed: Today I returned Cadiz, Spain, the home of Dad's last request. In a word, bittersweet -- and remarkable. I found the exact spot of his last sighting. Somethings...
Devin and I were taking an evening stroll in Seville when we passed by the gorgeous sounds of a street violinist playing our favorite tango. We spontaneously burst into some of the Argentine Tango steps we were studying in Long Beach. I was so proud of us! Until a...
Good Morning from Seville! https://www.facebook.com/morganarae/videos/10157593027004437/ I am addicted to Tapas. You can have any outrageous, amazing, delicious dish for under $5. Order a bunch. If you don't love one you'll swoon for another. I wish we ate this way in...
First of all, let me just say I LOVE Barcelona!!! This city deserves at least a week, not a day. And maybe we'll sneak back to squeeze in a second too-short day trip to get actual tours of the Sagrada Familia and Mia Casa, and to eat dinner at Pablo Picasso's favorite...
I didn't shoot a video today: too busy exploring Arles' Wednesday Market (made me WISH I had a house here to furnish with antiques!); hopping a short, 15 minute train ride to Avignon and exploring that gorgeous city (and the Papal palaces of the 14th century), then...
Our Next Stop
Do you have a favorite place around the world you think we should get married next, or just want to say hello?? Drop us a line and let us know!