MARINA DEL REY, CALIF. (Feb.13, 2012) – What do romantic sunsets, private yachts and the best views in Southern California have in common? They all provide the picture-perfect backdrop to a Marina del Rey, California wedding. Located just four miles north of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and less than a mile from the popular attractions of Venice and Santa Monica, Marina del Rey is considered a best kept secret amongst Los Angeles’ popular Westside neighborhoods.
From kayaking, bar-hopping bachelor parties to waterfront ballroom weddings, over 600 couples a year choose to tie the knot in Marina del Rey. The idyllic seaside community provides brides a warm, welcoming destination where wedding parties can enjoy the inner-calm of the Marina, but remain connected to the bustling Los Angeles area.
Marina del Rey experts offer 5 ideas for a perfect-picture destination wedding without the stress:
- Nautical Weddings- Some like it hot, some like it yacht. Have an easy, breezy wedding or reception cruising the tranquil harbor of Marina del Rey. Fantasea Yachts and Yacht Club operates three vessels and a luxurious banquet room boasting floor-to-ceiling windows with natural light and beauty of the Marina. Brides can work with afull-service coordinator from start to finish assisting in planning every detail. “For weddings we offer exceptional culinary offerings and a complete customized wedding reception floral package with private consultation with our florist,” said Jasmine Lee, General Manager of Fantasea Yachts. Hornblower Cruises & Events offers five yachts accommodating from 35 to 550 guests and several affordable wedding packages that include complete coordination with an expert wedding planner.
- Set the Scene for Romance- Take advantage of the year-round perfect weather for out-of-town guests that rarely see the ocean. Book a private charter with Marina Del Rey Parasailing and enjoy intimate, non-stop parasailing with spectacular panoramic views of Los Angeles. Want to spice up your evening? Marina del Rey’s newest on-the-water venue, Tiki Mermaid’s Tiki Too combines a traditional harbor cruise boat with a “hip” nightclub and lounge. With décor that is both modern and elegant, this intimate yacht features a full bar, savory appetizers, cigar deck and dance floor.
- Land-Leaning Lovers- Want the luxury experience without the yacht? “The hottest trend in weddings is beautiful tents with chandeliers,” said Lorri Wressel, Director of Catering at the California Yacht Club. The California Yacht Club in Marina del Rey offers an incredible outdoor venue surrounded by the yacht harbor on three sides. “You will be transported while you are here. It is truly a destination wedding in the middle of the city,” said Wressel. The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey is a Forbes Five-Star waterfront gem prepared to host a wedding of luxury.
- A Delicious Affair- Plan a rehearsal dinner or wedding at the Marina del Rey Marriott. “On the rooftop level is our prided Bayview Ballroom and functional Helipad with spectacular views from Malibu to Catalina which is the most desired ceremony location in Los Angeles,” said Murray Lowe, General Manager of Marriott Marina del Rey. “The current trend in catering is offering an ‘ala carte’ option which is served to our guests tableside so they don’t have to order their chicken or beef in advance.” Looking for something more SoCal casual? Plan a party at Killer Shrimp. With a hip vibe and eclectic staff, Killer Shrimp sets the mood for fun bachelor / bachelorette parties and boasts 5,000-square-feet of jaw-dropping waterfront views.
- Post Wedding Fun- Guests can continue to enjoy the variety of entertaining and family-friendly activities Marina del Rey provides. Relax at the 12-acre Marina Beach, next to the lagoon in the center of town. More adventurous spirits will love renting a kayak, Jet Ski or powerboat with Marina Boat Rentals. “Powerboating is the perfect activity to do on the water with the family,” explains Kristen Breum, Manager at Marina Boat Rentals. “You can control the speed to accommodate all ages and still have a blast on the water.”
Marina del Rey is the ultimate California location for a destination wedding with a variety of venues, restaurants, activities, and unique ideas to add some West Coast glamour to that special day.
For more information on planning a wedding in Marina del Rey, visit www.visitmarinadelrey.